Saturday, June 4, 2011

Artsy Schmartsy...

Well, only two of us liked my artwork, so I took it back for fear of having buyers remorse as soon as the returnable time period was up. And I must say that when I got home from the return and sat in the room, it was much calmer. I think "Beat Box" was just too much of a slap in the face for my little room.

So I have been looking for something to replace it.

Here is what Emily suggested:

Palomino
Close this window
I found these on overstock:

Jane Bellows 'Submit' Oversized Canvas Art Set

Caroline Ashton 'Bird & Cage' Oversized Canvas Art Set

 

Any favorites?  Of course my mother recommends letting the kids go crazy with paint on a canvas....

Or should I change focus and go towards a grided gallery wall like this:


living rooms - white faux bamboo chandelier white tufted sofa botanical gallery wall art photo gallery gray bergere chair gray blue linen bench living room

Suzie:  Atlanta Showhouse via Traditional House!  Robert Brown Interior Design & Colleen Duffley ...



What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Without knowing for sure what room you are putting this in I am reluctant to say but I do like the two over sized canvases you found on overstock.com. I am a fan of bold statements. Boring doesn't cut it for me but then again, nothing you put up for a vote could be considered a yawn. It will be fun to see where you go with this.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll vote for sure when I come and see it in person, but I'm on board with buying a few blank canvases and some paint and letting the kids have a turn!

    ReplyDelete